Skinny is great for margaritas and blue jeans. But when it comes to hair, it’s descriptors like “fat”, “lush” and “full” that people use to describe the ideal mane. Now, Dr. Danovich’s new approach, called the PRP Stem Cell Hair Boost, produces up to 40% increase in hair growth in just eight months, without drugs, surgery or pain. It’s cost effective – about one fifth of the cost of hair transplantation. And the results are permanent! A wide range of elements – including heredity, stress, illness, medical treatment and nutritional issues – can lead to unwanted conditions of thinning hair and hair loss. For example, 40% of women experience thinning hair as a result of menopause, and one in four women are predisposed to hereditary hair loss. And, according to the American Hair Loss Association, two-thirds of American men will experience some degree of appreciable hair loss by the age of 35, and by the age of 50 approximately 85% of men have significantly thinning hair.
Dr. Danovich’s PRP Stem Cell Hair Boost procedure combines a proprietary vitamin complex with stem cell transfer, micro-needling and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy to stimulate new growth, enhance existing hair follicles and hair density and prevent shedding. She reports a success rate of 90%. “This procedure can also be used to augment hair transplants,” Dr. Danovich reports, “but most patients are so pleased with the results, they’re skipping the transplants entirely.” Best performed in thinning areas, the treatment can also achieve a degree of new growth where hair is missing completely. Prior to the treatment, the patient undergoes a three-to-four month regimen of nutritional supplements designed to prepare the hair and scalp for optimum results. The in-office protocol itself includes four key steps:
- Vitamin boost. Dr. Danovich’s special Vitamin D and Vitamin B complex is injected into the site to nourish the cellular structure.
- PRP boost. The patient’s own blood is refined in order to produce Platelet Rich Plasma that is injected into the site to increase the production of new blood cells in the hair follicles.
- Stem cell boost. At the same time, stem cells from the patient’s own fat are also injected to boost cell turnover.
- Micro-needling. Finally, tiny needles, no larger than a hair’s width, are inserted into the site to speed up blood circulation, reduce the “resting” phase of the hair follicle and put those follicles on notice that it’s time to get busy!
One of the foremost U.S. leaders in PRP therapy, Dr. Danovich applies the concept of using the patient’s own, rich blood plasma to a wide range of anti-aging, esthetic treatments with astonishing results. She notes that PRP has been used in the field of orthopedics for some time, in order to renew cartilage and muscle tissue, and is standard procedure in Europe. Dr. Danovich’s PRP Stem Cell Hair Boost is applicable for a wide variety of patients, including:
- Young males in the early stages of hair loss.
- Females experiencing post-partum hair thinning.
- Middle-aged males with thinning hair and hair loss.
- Females experiencing menopausal thinning and hair loss.
- Post-chemotherapy patients who wish to speed up hair regrowth in a healthy, natural manner.
“Drugs like Minoxidil can have side effects,” Dr. Danovich points out, “like scalp dryness and dermatitis. Plus, when a patient stops using any topical treatment that dilates blood vessels and stimulates blood flow, the vessels contract and the hair disappears. With our PRP Stem Cell Hair Boost, however, and with proper preparation and follow-up, the benefits are permanent, satisfying and long-lasting!”