Women lose hair differently than men. In general, women suffer from diffuse hair loss, as compared to the characteristic frontal and crown pattern hair loss in men. Female pattern hair loss can be strongly influenced by age, nutrition, stress, surgery, medications, illness, social/lifestyle factors, hair care, heredity and more.
How can hair loss be treated in women?
The first step in rebuilding hair is to evaluate the underlying causes of the increased shedding and correcting the medical problems, if present. Next, using hair products that have been clinically proven to strengthen the hair, prevent shedding and nourish the scalp are essential to restoring a healthy amount of hair.
For women with thinning hair, organic healing serum treatments may be used to stimulate hair growth. Organic healing serum consists of growth factors and cytokines that have been shown to be responsible for stimulating and enhancing hair follicle function. The organic healing serum can be combined with ECM or Extracellular Matrix (like ACell or BioD), Revitalizing Cells and Mesotherapy (Vitamin Cocktail) for stronger and longer lasting hair growth results.
According to The American Hair Loss Association, 2-5% of women will benefit from hair transplant surgery because most women have what’s called diffuse hair loss. Women who are potential candidates for surgical hair restoration are:
- women who have suffered hair loss due to mechanical or traction Alopecia (non hormonal);
- women who have had previous cosmetic or plastic surgery and are concerned about hair loss around the incision sites;
- women who have a distinct pattern of baldness, similar to that of male pattern baldness. This includes, hairline recession, vertex thinning, and a donor area that is not affected by androgenetic Alopecia;
- women who suffer hair loss due to trauma, including burn victims, scarring from accidents and chemical burns;
- women with alopecia marginalis, a condition that looks very similar to traction alopecia.
If your hair loss is caused by any of the above mentioned, then you may benefit from this procedure.
Knowing your options will help you to make the right decision. Be educated enough to walk away from the NONSENSE around you.