1. WHAT ARE PRP HAIR REGROWTH TREATMENTS AND HOW DO THEY WORK?
PRP contains growth factors and cytokines that have been shown to be responsible for stimulating and enhancing hair follicle function. The PRP may be combined with ECM or Extracellular Matrix (like ACell or BioD) and Mesotherapy (Vitamin Cocktail) for a stronger and longer hair growth result.
2. HOW PAINFUL ARE BOTOX® INJECTIONS FOR UNDERARM HYPERHIDROSIS?
Most patients tolerate Botox® injections at the underarms extremely well. A topical signature anaesthetic (numbing) cream and cold packs are used to help alleviate some of the discomfort during the procedure.
3. WHAT IS THE DOWN TIME FOR THERMI™ TREATMENT?
Most people are able to return to normal activity within 24 hours after treatment. After treatment you can expect some slight swelling and redness, which can last up to a few weeks.
4. WHAT QUALIFICATIONS SHOULD A PERSON LOOK FOR IN A HAIR RESTORATION SPECIALIST BEFORE BOOKING A PRP HAIR GROWTH APPOINTMENT?
– Seek out a physician with extensive experience specifically with PRP for the scalp, because techniques are different for the scalp compared to other areas of the body.
– Find a PRP expert who utilizes PRP with ECM Extracellular Matrix, like ACell or BioD-Restore, so you can get the strongest and longest results from the treatment and reduce the hassle and expense of frequent, repeat treatments.
– Ask if low level laser therapy will be applied pre and post-treatment to enhance the procedure.
5. CAN PIXEL® LASER BE USED FOR UNDER EYE WRINKLES?
Pixel® laser works well for the fine lines of the eyelids. Although the skin in this area is thin, the laser is precise in its depth of treatment and will not “burn up” the skin. Because the skin of the lower lid is delicate, it actually tends to heal faster than skin in other areas of the body. Most people find that more than one treatment is needed to give the best result.
Discover Q&A about cosmetic surgical and non-surgical procedures on SD Advice App available on iOS/Android. SD Advice is the only authorized and approved Q&A app from Svetlana M. Danovich MD, PhD, FACS, New York top cosmetic plastic surgeon.
SD Advice on the App Store appstore.com/sdadvice.
SD Advice on Google Play goo.gl/6FbDby.