THE LIQUID FACELIFT, the restoration of “The Triangle of Youth”. In youth the cheekbones are high and well defined, and the jaw line is sharp, yet soft. This is called “The Triangle of Youth”.
As aging occurs the face becomes more “oblong” with the cheeks flattening due to bone and fat loss, and jowls develop. The “Triangle of Youth” is now lost which is less attractive and is a giveaway of age.
We also start seeing drooping of the lip edges which can make us look permanently unhappy and sad. This inversion of the “Triangle of Youth” is what SD Medical Arts successfully performs by combining the advanced dermal fillers (Restylane®, Sculptra®, Juvéderm Voluma® XC, Restylane® Lyft, and Radiesse®) and botulinum injections (Botox®, Dysport®) to lift and contour facial features in order to restore the ratio of this “Golden Triangle”.
RESTYLANE® SILK, RESTYLANE® LYFT, JUVÉDERM®. Restylane® Lyft differs from Restylane® Silk primarily in the size of the particles and the depth of the required injection. Restylane® Lyft has larger particles that are injected deeper into the skin for the correction of moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles, such as nasolabial folds and marionette lines. Restylane® Silk is designed to provide precise lip shaping and line control, resulting in silkier, smoother lips and natural-looking results by using smaller, smoother particles than those used in the Restylane® Lyft product.
Juvéderm® Ultra and Ultra Plus are injectable hyaluronic acid fillers that add volume to the cheek area, subtly lifting and instantly restoring your youthful profile. They are mainly used for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (lines from the nose to the corners of the mouth) and marionette lines (these lines that run straight downwards from the corners of the mouth can make you look unhappy). Juvéderm results can last from nine months to one year, and follow-up treatments can be scheduled as needed.
Juvéderm Voluma® XC is a hyaluronic filler of thicker substance that can be injected into the cheeks to restore their natural suppleness. A fine needle targets the area to boost their volume and beautifully contour the face. In a matter of minutes, your skin is restored to a firm, plump state, promising your face to look defined and instantly appear more youthful. In general, Juvéderm Voluma XC results last up to 18 to 24 months with continuous enhancement of the facial appearance.
BOTOX® / DYSPORT®. Botox®/ Dysport® is a safe, fast and effective way to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by facial expressions on the forehead, around the eyes, and lips. Botox® / Dysport® is a FDA approved highly purified protein that is produced by the bacterium clostridium botulinum and has been used cosmetically to balance facial asymmetry , as well as medically to reduce perspiration and to treat migraine headaches and muscle spasticity.
Botox® / Dysport® is not a replacement for fillers such as Restylane®, Sculptra®, Juvéderm Voluma® XC, Restylane® Lyft, and Radiesse® in the treatment of deep static wrinkles. In actuality the two products are complementary and their simultaneous use results in a more smooth, relaxed and younger appearance.
SCULPTRA®. Collagen is a key structural component of smooth, healthy-looking skin. As you age, your body’s collagen production decreases. In fact, you lose about 1% of collagen per year after the age of 20. This is when you may start to notice the formation of wrinkles. Luckily, Sculptra® Aesthetic can help, even if decades of collagen loss have already occurred. The main ingredient of this filler is a biocompatible, biodegradable synthetic material that has been used by physicians for decades to replace lost collagen.
Sculptra® can be a very effective alternative to surgical facelifts. Sculptra® injections help to add fullness/volume to deep nasal folds, smile lines, and temple, cheek, and chin areas by stimulating collagen and elastin synthesis beneath the skin’s surface. It is not an overnight miracle. Over a series of treatments, Dr. Danovich injects Sculptra® Aesthetic in key areas of the face to gradually restore a youthful appearance.
RADIESSE®. One of the most popular dermal fillers, Radiesse® is an injectable gel that adds volume, smoothing out facial folds and wrinkles to restore a youthful appearance. Many people are thrilled with their appearance after treatment, as the results are usually subtle but meaningful, leaving the patient with a well-rested and fresh appearance.
Radiesse® is a calcium hydroxylapatite based filler that is injected under the skin of the face to instantly revolumize and reduce the signs of aging. Many Radiesse® patients enjoy their youthful glow for up to one year after initial treatment. Injections can be repeated as necessary.
FACIAL FAT TRANSFER / FAT GRAFTING. Over the course of years, we’ve developed a meticulous, standardized means of processing and injecting lipoaspirate, termed lipostructure. Fat grafting has become widely used in aesthetic surgery. The cells present in lipoaspirate are similar to bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. These adipose-derived stem cells (ADSCs) have since become one of the most widely used stem cell population in regenerative medicine because of ease of harvest, and diverse differentiation capacity.
The applications of fat grafting are diverse; improvements are generally well documented. In the aesthetics/cosmetic world, patients commonly ask for the fat grafting to improve aging-related changes to the face such as reduction in fullness, skin thinning, loss of elasticity, and sun damage appearance. It’s ideal for facial rejuvenation to achieve dramatic effects in restoring volume and improving skin quality over long-term follow-ups. Younger patients may seek fat grafting to restore facial proportions while maintaining a natural appearance, particularly with such features as the jaw line, cheeks, or chin.
PLATELET RICH PLASMA. What is platelet-rich plasma, and why should we consider it?
The first descriptions of the regenerative use of PRP as a strategy for enhancing bone grafts were described in 1998 in oral surgery.
PRP is obtained by centrifugation of the entire blood to get a five to seven times concentration of autologous platelets suspended in small volumes of plasma. Before injection, platelets are activated using calcium chloride and bovine thrombin to trigger degranulation of granules. Activated platelets then release a variety of growth factors meant to initiate wound healing, including platelet-derived growth factor, transforming growth factor-b1 and 2, vascular endothelial growth factor, thrombospondin, and epidermal growth factor.
- ACNE SCAR TREATMENT. Acne is the most common skin condition in the United States, affecting millions of Americans annually. Acne may lead to the formation of acne scars, which may have a negative psychological impact on one’s social life and relationships. Acne scars can be treated in a number of ways with significant improvement by utilizing multiple techniques such as chemical peels, dermabrasion/microdermabrasion, laser treatment, subcision techniques, fat grafting, PRP Treatments, Mesotherapy, Microneedling, and combined therapies.
- SD ORGANIC HAND REJUVENATION. The SD Hand Rejuvenation protocol gives you a customized approach in the organic restoration, while giving the hands a more youthful appearance. For effective hand rejuvenation, there are two major issues that must be addressed: loss of soft-tissue volume along with issues concerning skin tone and texture.
- PRP HAIR LOSS TREATMENT. PRP Hair Restoration allows actual growth of new hair, permanently, with greater coverage and density than existing hair replacement methods.
- PRP LASH TREATMENT. PRP Lash Treatment is the most organic and effective treatment to grow lush eyelashes. The best part is, our Organic Eyelashes Treatment delivers thicker, fuller eyelashes and eyebrows – naturally and permanently in less than 12 weeks after the injection of PRP (derived from your own blood), stem cells and vitamin B complex in combination with continuous everyday application of SD Lush Eyelash Oil.
- VAMPIRE FACELIFT® / PRP FACE. The Vampire Facelift® is the organic version of the conventional facelift. Why? Because this treatment utilizes the nutrients of the person's own platelet rich plasma derived from their own blood. The growth factors activate the production of new collagen, fatty tissue and blood vessels to rejuvenate skin, making this the perfect solution for a non-surgical facelift. Not only does the Vampire Facelift® restore shape, but it improves tone and texture for a healthy glow.