Although each cosmetic non-surgical procedure is not for everyone, there are so many common questions about them. Here are 5 FAQs about cosmetic non-surgical procedures:
1. What exactly does non-surgical mean?
There’s no standing definition for the difference between non-surgical, non-invasive, and minimally invasive techniques. Minimally invasive procedures are often lumped in with non-invasive ones. Classically, minimally invasive procedures include non-surgical, little-downtime procedures that require breaking the skin; the most obvious examples would be injectable fillers.
2. What are the advantages of non-surgical cosmetic treatments over traditional procedures?
– Significantly less pain
– Shorter recovery time
– Do not involve the risks of surgery
– Can be performed within 30 minutes
– Safe and cost effective
– Any undesirable results can be adjusted
– Procedure is much more precise
3. How long will the results of the treatment last?
The results of the treatment are based on the type of procedure you have undergone. The results of the non-surgical cosmetic treatment usually last from 6 months to 3 years. The results can be altered as the face changes over time, to retain a natural look.
4. Can cosmetic non-surgical treatments give the same results as cosmetic surgery? Are some non-surgical options better than traditional cosmetic surgical procedures?
Non-surgical procedures are useful for slight changes, for maintenance of appearance and as adjuncts to surgical treatment. Traditional cosmetic surgery results in a greater degree of change and is best after minimally invasive procedures have been used. It also depends on the result a person is looking to achieve.
5. What is the advantage of having non-surgical rejuvenation procedures performed by a cosmetic plastic surgeon, instead of a dermatologist or other kind of physician?
Cosmetic surgeons are dedicated to the art of cosmetic surgery. Their strong knowledge base, high level of training and practical experience make them among the most qualified to perform safe and proper cosmetic procedures. Cosmetic surgeons also offer a unique, multidisciplinary approach to patient care that brings breadth and depth of expertise to the field.