A: The ideal candidate for hair restoration is a person 25 years old or older, who is in good health, has moderate hair loss, and has plenty of donor hair.
Can we help you?
You are here
NeoGraft® Hair Restoration
“I believe our hair is one of the most important accessories we own; not to mention a major asset in our physical appearance. Most of us are emotionally attached to our hair and its outward reflection of our self-image throughout our lives. Whether it’s the length, the color, the cut or the style, it definitely contributes to our sense of individuality. Therefore, hair loss can be a very dramatic part of the natural aging process, and seeking ways to curb this process used to be a challenge. SD Hair Protocol, in conjunction with NeoGraft®’s advanced technology, offers a discreet solution to hair loss, allowing patients to achieve natural looking results with no linear scar, minimal downtime and a shorter recovery period.”
About SD Medical Arts Hair Transplant Procedure
SD Medical Arts Comprehensive Individualized Organic Hair Restoration Model takes into account the following:
- Medical History
- Antioxidant Level
We address underlying factors by optimizing your antioxidant level, stimulating bloody supply and angiogenesis to the scalp. This is done in conjunction with the latest hair transplant technology, NeoGraft®. NeoGraft® is the one of the most modern, cutting edge and natural hair restoration approaches on the market to date. NeoGraft®’s minimally invasive hair transplant procedure is a much more desirable option for both men and women, as opposed to traditional hair restoration methods.
How does the NeoGraft procedure work?
What are the benefits of the NeoGraft® hair transplant procedure?
- Least invasive procedure for hair transplantation.
- Patients who receive the NeoGraft® procedure feel little to no discomfort.
- No stitches or staples are used in the NeoGraft® procedure.
- No unsightly linear scar.
- Flexibility for any hair style of your choice, short or long.
- Shorter recovery time compared to other hair transplant procedures – patients can typically go back to work the next day.
- Fewer restrictions on your normal day-to-day activities.
- Natural looking results.
- Can be used to fix visible linear scars from previous “strip” hair transplant surgeries.
Post NeoGraft - How to Maintain Your Newly Transplanted Hair Follicles
Your newly transplanted hair should be supported by a healthy lifestyle and diet after the NeoGraft® procedure; by utilizing organic healing serum, laser enhancement technology and key signature products based on our expert clinic formulations and trichological knowledge.
Our multi-step hair restoration model is designed to fit your individual specifications and requirements. SD Medical Arts will help you to achieve the most natural-looking hair in the most organic and comprehensive way.
Q&A / QUESTIONS AND SD ANSWERS
Q: Who is a good candidate for a Hair Transplant?
Q: Why is 25 the youngest age you can get a Hair Transplant?
A: The patient should be at least 25 years old before considering hair transplant surgery due to the uncertainty of their future hair loss pattern.
Q: Can a person with no hair loss get a Hair Transplant?
A: Even if you don't suffer from hair loss, but just want to add more density in specific areas or even across a large area, there is no problem with undergoing a hair transplant procedure. This is assuming that your scalp is healthy, you have great quality donor hair and donor site, that you have balanced hormones, and you are nutritionally optimized.
Q: What options do I have for hair restoration? Follicular Unit Extraction (NeoGraft®) vs. Strip Method for Hair Transplant
A: For many years, Follicular Unit Grafting (FUG) which is the strip procedure, was the gold standard. Over the past 5 years, Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), using NeoGraft® Technology, has grown in popularity. The main advantage of FUE is the absence of any linear donor site scar, permitting the patient to shave his head if desired.
The downsides of the FUE procedure are several:
typically a lower percentage of hair regrowth (for most patients an 80 to 85% rate of regrowth vs. 90 plus % with FUG;
- higher cost;
- difficulty obtaining a large number of grafts;
- anything more than 2500 or so requires 2 consecutive days of procedures;
- the need to shave the head in the donor area.
However, FUE is still the procedure of choice for young men, men of African American ethnicity, those who have depleted their donor supply from prior work, and those who wish to have the option of shaving their head.
Q: What is the maximum number of grafts that can be done in one transplant session?
A: For a person who has never had a hair transplant and has average density, a session of 3000 grafts is often done when indicated (FUE or Strip surgery). With people who have had previous surgeries, the number of grafts are often less, possibly in the 1500-2000 range but that would be determined during an examination.
Q: What are the chances of an unsuccessful Hair Transplant?
A: In the hands of a competent hair transplant surgeon, 85% of the grafts should successfully grow.
Q: What are the main side effects of Hair Transplant?
A: Hair transplant is a very safe procedure with a few side effects such as swelling, minor discomfort, numbness, itching, and local inflammation.
Q: How long does a Hair Transplant last?
A: The great part about hair transplantation is that it is a permanent solution for hair loss. After your hair transplantation procedure, we recommend a combination of organic healing serum, Laser Hair Therapy, and taking proper nutritional supplements to help solidify the transplanted hair follicles and aid in slowing the loss of hair from follicles that were not transplanted.
Q: How long after Hair Transplant surgery can I appear comfortably in public? What is the downtime?
A: Most patients can return to work after 3-5 days.
Q: What kind of the supplements do you recommend before and after Hair Transplant?
A: I recommend you look at LifePack Nano and Tegreen 97 from Pharmanex. These products provide the nutritional support necessary to maintain healthy hair and help you look your best. They include vitamins C and E, CoQ10, alpha-lipoic acid, omega-3 fatty acids, and a host of other antioxidants that support hair health from the inside out.
What does the multi-step hair restoration model include?
Our multiple step regimen includes:
1. Blood work to rule out any underlying health issues which can potentially compromise the hair restoration results.
2. Biophotonic Scanning to measure overall antioxidant level. It measures the carotenoid antioxidant levels in your skin while giving an immediate reading of the carotenoid score.
3. Personalized and customized vitamin regimen based on biophotonics scanning and blood work.
4. Organic healing serum – powerful cocktail of growth factors derived from your blood, mesotherapy (vitamin injection) and revitalizing cells are injected two months prior to NeoGraft® Transplant to increase blood supply and stimulate angiogenesis (new blood vessel formation). This will prepare and maximize hair transplant result for optimal healthy hair growth.
5. During the NeoGraft® Hair Transplant using the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method, the individual follicles are gently removed from the back of the head (the “donor area”) in their naturally occurring groupings of about 1-4 hairs. The follicles are then artistically implanted in the areas of the scalp where balding has occurred to complement the facial structure and current hairline. This results in a discreet, natural-looking hair transplant.
6. Post-Transplant Care includes Laser Therapy, organic healing serum, vitamin and signature hair product regimen, in conjunction with healthy diet and lifestyle modifications.
7. Results are monitored monthly, and regimen adjustments are made based on progress.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Please complete the form so we can properly respond to your inquiry within 24 hours.
*ALL FIELDS MARKED WITH ASTERISK ARE MANDATORY